Wednesday 23 April 2014

Creative Phrases T2W5 (from the girls)


  1. My eyes gleamed with excitement as I lined up for the famous roller coaster ride.
  2. My brother smiled sheepishly when his teacher praised him for his good work.
  3. As frightened as a grasshopper, I ran away from the haunted house at jet-liner speed.
  4. I was having a whale of a time at the new amusement park.
  5. Cowering in a corner, I covered my face with my hands and started to cry.
  6. When I saw the dead cat, I felt a sudden lurch in my stomach.
  7. Cursing and swearing under his breath, John left the shop in a fit of anger.
  8. I gave a grin that stretched from ear to ear because I had scored well in my examinations.
  9. A deafening cry penetrated the surrounding, breaking the silence of the night.
  10. My pupils dilated with horror when I saw the body of my friend on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment